^these photos were taken over the Christmas holiday in Vero Beach. They’re some of my favorite photos I’ve ever taken (& they took about 5 minutes to take) so I thought they would be perfect for this post.
Here’s the short history behind this blog post series. I used to have a series on the blog called “Cocktail Hour” in which I shared my peak/pits as of late, as well as my cocktail of the week, wellness tidbit, favorite things seen on the internet, best deal of the week, etc. They were really fun to write and put together, but often took too long for me to get up regularly (#life).
SO, I wanted to start doing an abbreviated version and started calling them “Life Lately” posts. They now entail a life update, as well as my recent blog posts, purchases, and Amazon finds. Half real life, half shopping. Sounds like the ideal formula for my favorite type of blog post. 😉Hope you enjoy it as much as I love putting it together for you!
Life Lately: 2.5.20
It’s been a little over a month into 2020 (anyone else feel like January went on for FOREVER omg). So I thought I would do a little check in and a new Life Lately post, after my last one that recapped my 2019 year.
I feel like 2020 has been off to a busy and promising start. I’ve already been to New York two times, and Vero Beach once! I think that keeping busy was the best way to get myself adjusted to the new year. And I’m looking forward to a hopefully quieter February. I’m also about six weeks into my new work/blog schedule, where I now work part time at Lilly.
Though I really miss not being there for the full work week, I can honestly say that it’s been a really positive schedule change overall. For the first time since I took time off between graduating college and starting work full time, I feel like I’m more on top of communicating with you (through DMs, emails, comments, etc.). And just naturally sharing my life almost every day.
Sharing my life through this blog is my favorite pastime ever. And I feel so very thankful that I get to do it even more now. Blogging aside, I also have been able to spend more quality time with my family and friends. Which is always my first priority. AND I am fortunate enough to still get to do so many of my favorite parts of my role at Lilly. So very thankful overall. 💗
A few months ago I saw a quote somewhere that said that you are “always one decision away from a completely different life,” and that really resonated with me. It’s so true! Sometimes a simple schedule change can completely transform how you feel.
Let’s get on to some peaks of 2020 so far! A few recent highlights in January were seeing Aladdin on Broadway with Johnny (it’s now one of my favorite Broadway shows of all time—highly recommend), visiting my best friend in DC and taking my first Solidcore class (are you surprised that I absolutely LOVED IT). Heading to Vero Beach for 24 hours to be in the Lisi Lerch spring photoshoot, having pizza for brunch with my beach friends at Lil Frankie’s in NYC, catching up on season six of Schitt’s Creek, and finding a good cadence in my new schedule.
One major PIT was waking up in Vero Beach at 6:15 am on January 1st, so that I could catch an early morning plane ride out of Orlando and back to Philly. Woof. Let’s just say that my skin is STILL recovering from wearing my New Year’s Eve makeup for 30+ hours. (I’m not joking)…Not cute.
As for what’s next, I have a few fun trips on the horizon. (I kind of think that 2020 will be the year of travel for me?! It’s unintentionally shaping up to be that way!) And I seriously cannot WAIT to share them with you. Who knows, maybe I’ll relax for a second and read a book?! Dreams are coming TRUE in 2020, so we shall see! 😂
As always, let me know if there are any blog posts, Instagram stories, Q&As, etc. that you’d like me to do. Thank you so much for stopping by this post to read and catch up with me! xx
Recent Blog Posts
- 30+ Valentine’s Day outfits & party décor products from Amazon Prime
- My ultimate personalized gift for any guy you have in your life!
- My January Edit roundup of favorite things (perfect for ski trips or cozy weekends in!)
- A grocery haul of the organic groceries I buy at wholesale prices
- What’s it’s been like working with a Christian life coach (if you read one post, this should be it!)
- This unbelievably comfortable Abercrombie bodysuit—it runs true to size & is SO flattering (+ snaps on the bottom so you don’t have to get naked when you go to the bathroom!)
- A little white eyelet dress that I will wear 12x this spring and summer
- This Haper Wilde butter bralette, which seriously feels like your boobs are in a snug, soft little pillow. TRUST ME on this (& use the code AMY15 for 15% off all Harper Wilde bras)
Recent Amazon Finds
- This very chic pouch clutch—it’s a dupe of the Bottega Veneta one!
- An ice roller that seriously de-puffs your skin and soothes jaw pain (fun fact: I have TMJ so I have daily jaw pain of some sort)—just pop it in the freezer overnight & then roll it all over your face for a few minutes before you put your makeup on!
- The fake lashes (they look more natural than fake!) and the amazing lash glue that held them to my eyelids while I changed *lots of times* in the warmth of Florida during the Lisi Lerch photoshoot in Florida last week