Hi there!! Sharing a rare *beauty post* today to give you a look at how I get my go-to relaxed soft curls/waves! Follow these simple steps with some of my swear-by products and you are well on your way to tousled soft waves 🙂
1. Put a dab of this Aveda smooth infusion style-prep into your clean, damp hair and brush it through. This is the ultimate pre-styling lotion that fights split ends and smooths your wild tame. 😉
2. Scrunch in some of this Aveda thickening tonic to give you some extra VA-VOOM before you blow your hair out or let it air dry. You know what they say– the bigger the hair the closer to God.
Added bonus: I use this fave4 air dry cream on days I’m not curling my hair to make it wavy and have body. It smells so good and is ideal for when you don’t have the extra time to blow out and style your hair!
3. After these steps I’ll pull my hair back into a loose pony tail (I use these “traceless” hair ties that don’t leave kinks) and will sleep on it so it air dries. This is my hair naturally air-dried the next morning. When I blow it out it gets almost completely straight, but when it’s air-dried it has a bit of a wave to it. I actually really love my hair because it’s so easy to style. It holds a blow out or curls really easily (but that might be due to that amount of product I put into it… hehe)
4. I add a few sprays of this Chi iron guard protection spray to protect it from any heat damage before I take my curler to it!
5. This is the wand I’ve recently fallen in love with. The SEDU brand is famous for creating tools that keep your long-term hair care in mind and protect it from damage and split ends, despite the heat. The 1″ straight barrel and multi-temperatures are ideal for creating quick, easy big curls that fall into waves. I use the glove that it came with, hold the curler upside down, and twist 1/2″ sections of my hair around it all over. I don’t divide my hair into sections because it’s so fair, but if you have thicker hair then I’d recommend diving it up by top and bottom sections as you curl it. If you haven’t used a wand before, I’d say that it honestly just takes a lot of practice. I’ve watched this tutorial before and found it really helpful.
It’s all about taking random pieces of hair and creating quick, easy soft curls, which is why this whole process should only take around 10 minutes! Once you get the hang of it (and I promise you will after 2-3 practices), it really lives up to its name and is a magical* wand 🙂
6. Because you never can have too much OOMPH. I spray this fave4 texture enhancing hair spray like a crazy person. I swear my inner Jersey comes out and I’m like “GIMME THE BIG HAIR.” It smells so sophisticated and gorgeous– my girlfriends are always asking to borrow it!
Told you I get a little crazy…
7. If I see any frizzies going on I dab in a half a pea sized amount of this Chi silk infusion oil in and then my hair feels like smooth silk. This is also really helpful if your hair seems dry in the upcoming chillier months!
And because your hair style’s best friend is your lipstick… I wanted to share this fab new fall color I recently received in my September Glossybox! It’s the perfect cranberry-without-trying-too-hard shade and I want to wear it with every plaid flannel and blanket scarf I own.
8. Make that stellar hairstyle LAST with the God-given dry shampoo!!! I use the AVEDA powder dry shampoo religiously because it’s the most effective dry shampoo I’ve come across. Especially if you have lighter hair that shows oil easily, then I’d highly recommend it for reducing oil. I layer the Batiste dry shampoo on top with a few quick sprays because it smells like a tropical coconut cocktail and you know that I want to smell like that all the time.
I hope this gave you a better sense into my everyday curl routine! I am currently on the market for a new hairdryer so if you have any recommendations that you swear by then hit me up!! xx