photos by Heather Wang
When the seasons change my beauty products change a little bit as well. Hotter weather calls for some updated products to maintain clear, shine-free bronzed skin and a restful body. I have been trying out a few products to do exactly this, and found the following ones to be beyond-amazing.
- Aveda Rosemary Mint Body Polish c/o: This is a refreshing minty body scrub that exfoliates without being too harsh on my skin. I use it a few times a week, or when my faux tan starts to fade and I want to get back to my normal color skin, ha!
- Aveda Wedding Masque Overnight Eye Cream c/o: I’ve been using this under my eyes at night and have noticed it help decrease puffiness and dark circles, which I really needed toward the end of the school year.
- Aveda Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Gloss c/o: I have this in the color “raspberry pink” and it’s a wonderful complimentary shade to swipe over a pink lipstick and add more moisture to your lips. It also smells minty which I think is so refreshing– especially combined with summery floral perfumes and body lotions.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Matting Spray: This is my swear-by-it oil control product. I actually cannot leave my house with makeup on and not have sprayed this to set everything. It keeps me shine and oil free for hours longer than I normally would be, and helps assure that my foundation, coverup, etc. stays in place. I pair it with this primer (in “matte finish”) and have a shine-free face for 12+ hours. Try them for yourself and let me know your thoughts!!
- Girls Just Wanna Have Sun Bronze & Sun Set: This set includes all of the essentials you need to get a jumpstart on a summer tan. It’s perfect to bring on a vacation and travel with as well. I now use the bronzer every day! It’s dark and sparkly– perfect for a deep bronzed summer glow.
- OLLY Undeniable Beauty Gummy Supplements: I have now finished the bottle of these and loved them. They help your body metabolize fat and protein so that your hair, nails, and skin become stronger. Plus they are yummy (and pink!) too– so easy to throw into your daily vitamin routine.
- OLLY Restful Sleep Gummy Supplements: As graduation neared I had more and more difficulty falling asleep, so I occasionally took these at night. They helped mellow me out and relax my body and mind so I had more full nights of sleep and less 3am Pinterest parties 😉
- Capri Blue Volcano Pink Signature Jar: I call this my “palm princess” candle (also seen in this post), because it’s huge and hot pink and smells like tropical fruits and sugared citrus. I have given it as a gift twice– each time almost buying it for myself. I told my mom about it when we saw it in Monkee’s in Richmond, and she secretly bought it for me 🙂 I wanted to save it to use in my post-grad apartment but of course *self-control* has never been a strong-suit of mine 😉
Here’s a look at the Girls Just Wanna Have Sun Bronze & Sun Set
As always, if you have any questions about these products, or recommendations for other ones I may like, let me know! >> email@example.com. xx